Should we sell our battery energy storage systems together with solar panels and wind turbines or separately?
These are the issues we tackle on a regular basis at the Axalton Group.
Whether we decide to sell the Axalton SMARTESTORAGE battery energy storage systems together with renewable energy generation systems or separately, depends on a variety of factors, including the nature of the product, the market, and our business goals.
We also consider the technical connection to Axalton’s VerticaWind, the patented vertical-axis slow-rotation wind turbines, which function most efficiently with SMARTESTORAGE batteries, as opposed to expensive and scarce wind inverters or other energy storage products.
Selling SMARTESTORAGE battery energy storage systems together with solar panels and wind turbines can be beneficial because it can:
- Increase customer convenience: Customers may prefer to purchase a complete renewable energy solution that includes battery energy storage, solar panels, and wind turbines, rather than having to purchase them separately.
- Increase the perceived value of the product: By selling them together, we can create a more comprehensive and valuable solution for the customer, which can increase the perceived value of the product.
- Increase cross-selling opportunities: By bundling battery energy storage, solar panels, and wind turbines together, we can create opportunities to cross-sell additional products or services to customers.
- Increase the efficiency of the system: By bundling them in a package, we can increase the efficiency of the system, as the components can be optimized to work together.
However, selling each component separately can also be beneficial because it can:
- Increase revenue: By selling battery energy storage, solar panels, and wind turbines separately, we can increase revenue (at least in the short run) by charging for each component.
- Increase flexibility: We can give customers more flexibility to purchase the components they need, rather than being forced to purchase a bundle.
- Attract different types of customers: By selling battery energy storage, solar panels, and wind turbines separately, we can attract different types of customers who may be looking for different components.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to bundle or sell separately depends on our product, the market and our business goals. The Axalton team conducts the relevant market research and tests different pricing and packaging options to determine the best approach for SMARTESTORAGE.
Currently we are offering both options to our customers, giving them the flexibility to choose what best suits their needs.